Located in the heart of the green and pleasant South West of England, Bishopstrow is a specialist College for boys and girls, aged 7 to 17 years, who are intending to enter an Independent UK School at either Preparatory or Senior level.
Students stay for a minimum of one term and a maximum of four. Your child is not committed to a set period of time, but can move onto their new schools as soon as they are ready. From arrival to departure, we work hand in hand with your child's new school and your agents to achieve the best for your child. A smooth transition is the key to successful learning and self-confidence.
The students at Bishopstrow College achieve outstanding results. We have a unique approach, which helps your child improve their English level and enter their UK Independent School of choice.
How do we help our students achieve academic success?
- Providing intensive English language tuition from elementary to advanced level. The intensive nature of the study means that Bishopstrow College can guarantee rapid improvement in English language ability for all levels.
- Offering maximum of 8 students per English class, we can ensure small class sizes. This ensures each student has the opportunity to develop quickly with consistent Teacher input.
- Ensuring each student has an Individual Learning Plan (I.L.P) The I.L.P document details a students' progress, areas for improvement and key recommendations to move to the next level. This bespoke approach ensures each student is valued for their strengths and their areas for improvement are quickly recognised and then worked upon.
- 1-1 tuition intensive Tuition. If a student needs extra help, they will have access to a highly qualified Teacher to help them work upon areas for improvement on a 1-1 basis.
- The College assists all students with their entrance examinations, preparation for interviews at UK Independent Schools. It is this high level of guidance and preparation that ensures our students are accepted into the best school for them.
- Supervised independent study. Homework and independent study gives your child the opportunity to expand their vocabulary, work on problem areas in their study and develop the important skills of time management and self-motivation.